Cheers to all of us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Time Traveler Meme
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.
Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?
It is 1968 and I am 10 years old, we are traveling for the first time to Puerto Rico, where we moved to five years later. It will be the first time we fly on an airplane. We flew with Eastern Airlines, and flying over the Bermuda Triangle terrified me. Seeing the island as we were flying in was awesome. I could see the palm trees blowing in the wind and the ocean waves hitting the coast.
1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
I think so since I look like my mom.
2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?
No I don't think so. We all knew that I was supposed to be a nurse. However, maybe my YYS would have wanted me to be the writer and painter I always wanted to be.
3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
It gets better, you won't have to wear Mom's handmade outfits for much longer and not to buy so many platform shoes!
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
Who I married and how many children I have.
5. How would you answer YYS's question?
I would tell her that I did marry and have children, but I wouldn't give any details. I wouldn't tell her that we got divorced, or that our first daughter Alexandra Christine died at birth. Although our marriage failed, my children are my life and I wouldn't want my YYS to miss out on meeting them.
6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
The life is a blast and not to miss out on anything. To stop worrying and to continue writing and drawing.
7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
I wouldn't tell her that our mom died in 1993 of cancer.
8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
That all my kids are grown and moved out and that we live in Seattle, WA.
9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
That I am a nurse.
10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
I think so.